Friday, November 23, 2007

Lots and lots of fabric

I promised to take pictures of all that fabric I've been washing and folding, and here's the first installment.

Taupes, 50 of them - it took two pictures to show them all:
1/2 of the taupe set
the other half of the taupes

I didn't realize that these lines of fabric had so much variation in them. Everything is sort of a grayed version of the color, yes, but as you can see, there's greens and blues, pinks and reds and even one black - it's not all what I think of as taupe. (Although actually I think some of them look brighter in the picture than they do in real life.) All of these were made by the same Japanese manufacturer.

I bought the taupes from this eBay seller, who I highly recommend - but she doesn't seem to have any more of them right now. She always has great Asian fabrics, though.


There's also blue and white Tonga batiks, from Virginia Quilter:
tonga batiks

More to come.

No comments: