Thursday, November 08, 2007

IQF all year around

Did y'all catch that in addition to the fall IQF in Houston and the spring IQF in Chicago, there is now going to be a summer IQF in California? I wonder if they aren't going to overextend themselves at some point. Although I have gotten the impression that the Chicago show is virtually a repeat of the Houston one, so if they're just taking the same show and moving it around three times a year, I guess it might not be quite as much more work as it sounds like!

Here's a couple more quilts I really loved from the Pictorial category:

Echoes

Quilt above made by Lee Brown of Kent, England.
(Note the way the arch in the foreground seems to glow.)

On the Nile

Quilt above made by Ann Fahl of Racine, Wisconsin.


And on an unrelated subject: I posted elsewhere a while back that I liked this thing but certainly wasn't willing to pay $175 for one, and a friend of a friend offered to knit one for me! (Which, y'know, is why I love Livejournal so much.) I'm paying for the (cashmere!) yarn but I still feel like I ought to make her something in return - maybe a little mini-wallhanging or something. I'll have to think it over.

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

In addition some of those quilt go to some of the small "big" shows too. I saw some of the quilts that were in Houston at Mid-Atlantic, Lancaster, &/or Hershey earlier in the year.

Mel said...

Yeah, I have noticed over the years that a lot of the same quilts show up in different places. I guess if you put that much work into a thing, you want to make sure it gets seen by as many people as possible!