Monday, November 26, 2007

Kaleidoscope Stars


Kaleidoscope Stars, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

I think I've posted some of these before - there were all these old quilts floating around in the family closets, and many of them ended up with me because nobody knows what to do with them. We don't know for sure who made them - my mother thought that my grandmother paid somebody to make at least some of them, out of the family's old clothes. Mama thought she recognized some of the fabric.

This is an interesting quilt - it's really one of those spiderweb patterns, but that part recedes into the background, and it's the 'stars' in between that show up.

I don't really know what I'm going to do with all of them. I like them, though, so I don't really want to get rid of them.

No comments: