Monday, November 12, 2007

Japanese whimsy

Below: "The Witches of the Ginza"
The Witches of the Ginza

Quilt above made by Junko Sugahara of Tokyo; entered in the judged show (category: Art-Whimsical) at IQF 2007.


Below: "Sue Had a Little Lamb" (detail)
Sue Had a Little Lamb (detail)

(Note the musical staff.)

Quilt above made by Mari Saito of Tokyo; entered in the judged show (category: Art-Whimsical) at IQF 2007.


Unrelated:
Somebody (not me!) needs to make a quilt like this picture. I assume that is tiles in the picture since that's an architectural blog, although it's hard to be sure.

Actually I may be working on a Grandmother's Flower Garden, although I certainly never intended to. But my mom had a half-finished one and I'm toying with the idea of trying to finish it. I can't think of anything else to do with it. I hate the idea of it sitting around unfinished.

No comments: