Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Decade of Doing My Block


A Decade of Doing My Block, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Quilt above made by Jan Mullen of Fremantle, Australia; from the Faculty Showcase at IQF 2007.


So I washed a ton of fabric, yesterday - everything I've bought for practically the last year. It took 4 loads in the washer and 3 in the dryer (big commercial machines, too). I sorted everything light to dark and put the reds in with the darks because I was afraid something would run. If anything did I can't tell it. By the time I did that I was exhausted so I just smoothed everything out and stacked it up instead of trying to iron and/or fold it. Actually I made two stacks, one for FQs and one for bigger pieces, which was mostly half-yards. (If it was bigger than a half yard then I folded it down to that size.) I am not ironing anything right now, instead it's all on the couch and I'm working on folding it all nicely. I figure quilt fabric gets ironed so much later that it doesn't matter if it's perfectly ironed to begin with. If it seems to need it when I get ready to cut it, I'll iron it then. Because this is such a huge amount of fabric I'll never finish otherwise.

I'll have to take pictures when I'm done. You just would not believe the fabric. (Actually I'm sure there are people who bought this much just at quilt festival, although if they did they'd have to buy another whole suitcase just to get it home! anyway, it's a lot of fabric.)

No comments: