Monday, June 11, 2007

Hawaiian-style


Unknown IQF quilt, 2003, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


I suppose this wouldn't be considered an "authentic" Hawaiian-style quilt, would it? I mean, it ignores several of the rules as I understand it - chiefly, that the applique is supposed to be all one piece, and thus all one color, as well. This one has, what, two main pieces of applique? The center is one piece and the edges are another, as far as I can tell. And of course the pink flowers each add more pieces. But that said, I really like it a lot. The end result is beautiful.

5 comments:

Quilting Pirate said...

OOO lovely. I wish I could enjoy appliqué, but I'm just too impatient! lol

Mel said...

Heh, me too. I always left that kind of thing to my mother!

Michael5000 said...

Yeah, more of a "Hawaiian-inspired" quilt than a Hawaiian quilt -- but still pretty smashing. Never seen anything quite like it before....

So the concept of this blog is just, like, a new quilt every couple of days? Kewl......

Mel said...

Well, when I'm quilting I blabber on about whatever I'm doing at the moment, but I haven't done much of that lately, I'm afraid. So that leaves the pictures, mostly. Luckily I have a LOT of pictures!

Anonymous said...

wow this is beautiful!