Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lilacs and albums


Unknown IQF quilt, 1998, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


The Calico Cat pointed out that those are not grapes around the edge of this quilt, those are lilacs. You might have to click over to flickr to a bigger version to be able to tell, but she's definitely right. Those are not little circles, they are tiny, tiny flowers, every one of them. Amazing work.

By the way, some of the pictures that I thought were from 2003 turned out to be from 1998. (I figured this out because I had some of the same pictures in an album, and for once I had actually labeled them.) Others said 10-30-03 on the picture, so we can be pretty sure that those were indeed from IQF 2003. At least one was from 2002, though, and no telling what other years are represented in there. Apparently Mama just took all her quilt pictures and stuck them willy-nilly in an album, at some point.


In other news, I am getting really desperate to be able to quilt. Desperate, I tell you. I am going to have to figure something out so I can!

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I still really like it...

I have done purple & green before, but my green was LIME!

Mel said...

When I did a purple and green quilt, it started out to be bright purples and very pale, restrained greens, but other people made some blocks for me, and their version of pale green turned out to be more like lime. Then I decided I liked the lime and made some more blocks that way. The restrained green just wouldn't stay restrained. I guess restraint is not my strong point, anyway!

Quilting Pirate said...

lovely! Are you planning on going to the show this year?

Mel said...

Oh, I always go - I started going way before I started quilting, actually, because my mom dragged me along with her! I don't know for sure about this year, though, because we may be moving about then. Hopefully I can manage at least one day. Last year's two-day marathon may not get repeated, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

what did i miss dude? why are you unable to quilt right now?

Mel said...

Oh. Mostly because my house is such a wreck there's no place to do it, since half the contents of my Mom's house have made their way over here, somehow. We are supposed to be moving into a bigger place, but now that's probably not happening until our lease is up in November. I am just gonna have to carve a corner out of the chaos and sew anyway!