Monday, June 25, 2007

Blind Man's Fancy


Quilt from December 2002 QNM, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

"Fancy This" made by Linda Cordell (and friends) of Arlington TX.

I was skimming through an old issue of Quilter's Newsletter (Dec 2002, to be exact) and I found this quilt, which I love. The odds that I ever would make it are very, very slim, though. Too many tiny triangles. Hmm, maybe I could come up with something similar but simpler? (I will probably come up with some other idea that's completely different by the time I end up making my pink quilt, in any case.)

4 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Oh my, that's very nice.

I agree with you about the small pieces, though. I'd probably want to make those diamond frames not with a zillion triangles, but with four rectangles. Life is short!

The Calico Cat said...

Ahhh & that is why I skim Quiltmaker & BH&G & AP&Q publications - they always seem more doable... BUT I am going to do Isotaupes - a pattern in the current QNM. :o) (It is free on their website - I found that out after buying the magazine...)

Libby said...

Is the pattern called Blind Man's Fancy? It just tickles me to death that there would be a quilt pattern called that...has a good texture maybe.

Mel said...

Yes, I think that's really the name of the block - I've heard the name before, at least! (I think the name they had on the article was actually "Fancy That" or something similar, presumably named after the block as well.)