Saturday, June 16, 2007

Rainbow Canyon


Rainbow Canyon, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Quilt above made by Grace Errea of Laguna Niguel CA; shown in the judged show (category: Art-Naturescapes) at the 2006 Houston International Quilt Festival.

We were talking about the fractured quilts a few entries back, and this is really another example, although once again, the quilter has adapted this one in her own way. Grace Errea is another quilter that I've become a bit of a fan of. I particularly like this quilt (and it was at Tactile Architecture last year, so I took another picture) - and when I searched my tags, it turned out that this quilt is also hers.

I googled Grace Errea to see if she had a website, and apparently she doesn't - but I did find a couple more of her quilts via sophie junction, who furthermore took even more pictures at NQA than I took at IQF last year, which makes me feel a little less like a crazy person! (Which frankly, I've been wondering a little bit about lately.)

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

This is the kind of quilt I file under "so-good-it's-discouraging...."

The Calico Cat said...

I can so relate. I had a similar epiphany about Nancy Brown. I have liked (a lot) her quilts for the past 3 quilt show seasons...

She did an endangerd species, cats, and lions, tigers, & bears applique quilts...