Monday, June 18, 2007

Victorian Ladies


Victorian Ladies (detail), originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Quilt above by Angelique Hartman. This picture is from Mayfest 1998, but I know this quilt was also in an IQF exhibit at some point since then.

This pattern interests me, because it is similar but not identical to the Faceted Jewels pattern I used for this quilt - it's a two-block quilt and I guess the alternate blocks are different. OR... now that I look at it, I think it may be put together very differently. I'm going to have to look at this some more later, when I have time.



Added: There's a picture of (almost) the full quilt here.

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Yours is ~way~ excellent!

Paula, the quilter said...

I think this Victorian Ladies quilt is just a one block quilt with a very interesting sashing. I've done something similar.

Mel said...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too, Paula - but then I got busy and couldn't quite get it worked out in my head. I think it's sort of like the way some Storm at Sea quilts are done, actually.

(I was going to go home and play with EQ and see if I could draw it out. I still may, if I have time.)

And thanks, Michael!