Friday, June 22, 2007

Kathryn's quilt


Kathryn's quilt, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

I just bought a lot of pink fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop, because I've still got it in my head to do another pink quilt. The quilt in my picture was my second quilt - like the first one, it was nine-patches - and it was made for the child of a college roommate. Reportedly Kathryn loved it dearly and carried it around for years - but apart from that I've never thought it was an entirely successful quilt. Kathryn may have been satisfied with it, but I wasn't. I've learned a lot about things like value and contrast since then. (Those fabrics that don't quite read pink bother me, particularly.) Also, this was the first quilt that I chose the fabrics for, and it's a little too matchy for my taste nowadays. I really am a scrap quilter to the core.

1 comment:

The Rainbow Zebra said...

I'm a pink-lovin' gal, so I think it's gorgeous ;)

I love seeing all your quilts, as well as quilts from festivals. I so want to go to the IQF in Houston someday.