Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Out of the Blue


Trip to the Altar
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Made by Brenda Henning of Bear Paw Productions, from the book Out of the Blue.

It's hard to get good pictures at quilt guild, because it's hard to get anybody to hold still long enough. On the whole I think I did pretty well - I was sitting up close, which helps. This picture is a little wonky but at least you can get the idea. (Also, if you look at the picture in the book I linked to above, apparently they were holding the quilt sideways. But I like it that way.)

Anyway, this is a quilt after my own heart - it appears at first glance to be a two-fabric quilt, but it's not. It's actually scrappy. This is probably easier to do with indigoes, isn't it, because it's possible to get a lot of them that are really close in color.

No comments: