Saturday, March 11, 2006

Making a sandwich


making a sandwich
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


I went to Hobby Lobby to buy batting today. Since my quilt is a just a tiny bit bigger than a standard lap/crib quilt size (i.e., 45x60" - when my quilt is about 46x63") I had to buy the 72x90" size, which is why it looks like there's a white tablecloth on my mother's dining table. I taped the back down to the table, which I hadn't ever tried before, but it worked pretty well. I think I even got everything pretty straight, which is something that always worries me. (If I would quit getting all fancy with the quilt backs, this wouldn't be as much of a problem!)

Oh, the batting I bought was Mountain Mist Cream Rose. I hadn't ever used it before, but so far I like it just fine. It's sort of similar to Warm & Natural, but maybe a little lighter, which isn't a bad thing.

No comments: