Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fireworks at the quilt guild


Fireworks
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


If you've been paying attention as I put all these photographs up gradually all day today, you may have already figured out that Brenda Henning was the speaker at quilt guild last night. Her name wasn't familiar to me, but I knew the quilts - and the books (like this one, which I know has been in the quilt guild library since back in '99 when I was the librarian). She is a great speaker - if you ever get the chance to go hear her, do. Very funny and has some great quilts.

She said this is one of her newest quilts, and she hasn't published a pattern for it yet, darnit, because I really like it. (Or maybe that's for the best, actually, since I'm sworn not to make any more big quilts, and this was a VERY big one.) (It is in her workshop list, though!)

No comments: