Sunday, March 26, 2006

It's all quilted!


zipper quilt with (unfinished) binding
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


I found a dark-pink Jan Mullen fabric with little black swirls that I had a half-yard of, untouched, in my stash, so that became my binding. (I think I meant to put it in the quilt, but I never got around to cutting into it at all.) Half a yard was just enough, there was about one strip left over. You can't see a lot of the binding in this picture, really, but I think I'm going to like it. It's dark enough to frame it a little without standing out too much. I sewed a sleeve to the top, too, so all I have to do is whip the binding and the sleeve down, and do a label, and I'm done. (Actually, I embroidered my name right onto the back of my last big quilt instead of doing a label - it went pretty fast, maybe I will do that again.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing! Love it.

Balwearie said...

Yipppeee! And very "zippy" looking it is. I love the colours.

Anonymous said...

awesome! congrats!