Friday, March 03, 2006

Fabric and blogs


King's Garden
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


First of all, a plug for the makers of all this fabric I've been showing. (No, they're not paying me, unfortunately.)

A lot of the ones below are from Free Spirit Fabrics, but the one above is Jason Yenter for In the Beginning. The Marsha McCloskey fabric further down is also an In the Beginning fabric, I believe.

I'm not the only one who's been in a fabric-admiring frenzy. Besides Material Obsession, which I already linked to below, there's also Quilter's Buzz... and Material Obsession also has an online store! (I think there are some more. If I find them again, I will add them.)


I've been reading a lot of quilting blogs lately, via my Nibelung ring (which I know I mentioned before, but which has grown considerably in the last week!) and I came across a couple of things I wanted to mention:

One is a Denyse Schmidt-inspired block exchange, in which you make 10 blocks and get 9 back, with the remaining block going to charity. I think that's a really nice idea, although there's no way I have time to do it right now!

Also, there's a very interesting discussion about the value of vintage textiles going on at Sharon B's website. It starts here, goes down into the comments, and continues here. The "artwork" that started the whole thing is here. (I put "artwork" in quotes because clearly in this case it's debatable. Personally, I am rather on the fence on this one.)

No comments: