Monday, March 20, 2006

Night Flight (and a weekend report)


Night Flight
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Linda Potter. From the Faculty Showcare at IQF 2005.

I thought I would finish quilting the zipper quilt Saturday but I didn't quite make it. I ought to be able to finish it easily next week, though. I have to think what I want to bind it with, next. I should look and see what I have so that I don't have to buy anything else, but I'm thinking a dark pink would be good.

(I'll have to find where I saw this, but somebody is doing a "use what you have" thing on their weblog (here), where you pledge not to buy any supplies for the whole month of April. I think that's a really good idea, although I haven't officially joined so far.) (Of course, as I've already mentioned, I haven't been buying much fabric for the last several months, anyway, for some reason. I did buy a piece of batik for my swap that I'm supposed to be working on last week, but that - and one fat quarter pack from Connecting Threads - is the only fabric I've bought since before Christmas. Other than that, all I've bought is thread, anyway. Very odd for me.)

No comments: