Friday, May 13, 2005

Speaking of contrast


DSC00782
Originally uploaded by Oracle Omega.

I was just talking below about the importance of having triangle pairs with a lot of contrast, and then I went back to Flickr and saw this quilt picture, which I found while I was exploring around earlier today. I don't think that there is any difference at all, overall, between the colors on one side of the divide and the colors on the other side - but it has those pairs with good contrast, and your eye has no problem whatsoever in picking out those concentric diamond shapes. Very, very interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checked out the origin of this photo and browsed through the collection of quilts there.
I went from inspired one minute to feeling utterly inferior the next. :)
Aren't they gorgeous?!!?
K.M.