Friday, May 27, 2005

Courthouse steps on point


Cottage_May24-05_043
Originally uploaded by Everything is a spoon.

If you haven't checked out Flickr yet, one fun thing about it is that the publicly available photos you post show up on the front page for a minute. I just happened to see this one just now - I guess you'd have to call this a courthouse steps, wouldn't you? I thought of doing the green quilt in a pattern similar to this (it was actually this pattern I was looking at, which isn't exactly the same), except that I never thought of putting it on point. I like it a lot this way.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Hi! I like your blog. Just tracked it down through the links on Flickr. This is my quilt. I'm so glad you like it. It's actually a pattern called Nona from Kaffe Fassett's Passionate Patchwork. But I changed the colours a fair bit. I've made many sewing and beadwork projects in the past but this is my first quilt. I picked this pattern because the squares are intentionally askew so I figured I couldn't screw it up too badly. My Mom has been an avid quilter and a member of Ontario's Oxford County Quilt Guild for 20 years so she's been giving me lessons along the way. It's all basted now and I'm just beginning to hand quilt it. I'll post more pictures when I'm done. In the meantime, I'm already collecting fabrics for my next quilt!