Thursday, May 26, 2005

Mom's "Persian rug" quilt


Mom - Persian rug quilt
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Here's a quilt of my mom's I haven't put up a picture of before. She designed this herself, from a picture of a rug she saw in a magazines. It's not easy to tell in the small version of the picture, but all the fabrics here are Christmas fabrics. (She also made another version of the same pattern in shades of purple.)


Also, I have become increasingly curious about the quilt below, and I finally looked close enough to realize that there appears to be a blue ribbon hanging next to it. We know what year it was entered; does anybody know if the lists of winning quilts are posted anywhere? I took a quick look at Quilts Inc.'s website and didn't see anything that looked promising. But it seems like we ought to be able to figure out whose quilt this is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could it be listed here?
I'll search through this list and see if I can find it.
I've been studying the picture you posted and the more I look at it the more intrigued I am with it.
Fingers crossed
KM