Monday, May 29, 2006

How pink is too pink?


1/4 of a pink star
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Now you have to understand, I do like pink. I wear pink all the time. I love pink roses. I made an entirely pink quilt once (although it was my 2nd quilt, and I have to admit that I don't really think the execution was completely successful). But I don't know, this just goes over the line somehow. This block is definitely too pink. And I am starting over with some other block and some other color arrangement.

(I also have to admit that I couldn't get that damn diagonal seam to match, and that figured somewhat into the decision.)

This is the "Connecticut" block from Carol Doak's 50 Paper-Pieced Stars book. As I said the other day, I ordered her 9-Patch Stars book, and it has now arrived from Amazon, and I think it looks much more doable. I will post the picture of some of my fabric, too. I am going to use gold and possibly dark green as well, to avoid the "too pink" problem.

1 comment:

Lily Mulholland said...

Hey there. I personally don't think it's the 'too much pink' that's the problem, but that your patterned background fabric is competing too much with your solids. Another solid colour or a more subtle really pale pink might actually work!