Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Autumn star exchange blocks


Fall Trail (detail)
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

I have probably mentioned before that I am supposed to be doing a set of blocks for an exchange, which I haven't had time to start yet because I have been working on the quilts for the show. This is not that set; however, I think I am doing this very block, just in different colors. This exchange was two years ago; last year I participated in one where everybody did the same block but you could color it in any combination of autumn colors you wanted. (Those blocks are still waiting to be assembled; I haven't decided what I'm doing with them.) This year we're going with a completely different seasonal colorway - cranberry, pink, and green batiks - and we're back to stars again. And I haven't looked to compare, but I think that this is the block I had picked out. It's the "Connecticut" block from Carol Doaks' 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars. I have until early September, so I'm still okay, but I really have to get to work soon.



No comments: