Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Affairs of the Heart


Affairs of the Heart (detail)
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Marian Woods, shown at Mayfest 2006.

Remember when I said that the quilt that won Best of Show wasn't my favorite one of Marian's quilts? (Here.) Well, this one may be. (Here is the whole quilt.) I love brights on black, anyway, and the workmanship in this thing is just gorgeous.

----------------------------------

I love to help out worthy causes when I can, and about the only way I'm going to be able to help this one is to give it a plug here, because I sure can't afford to bid on these quilts! The All That Jazz project was started by some Australian quilters, but the quilts are now in the U.S. and up for auction on eBay. They will be there until May 17, and it looks like they will bring in quite a lot of money. They are here:
#1
#2
#3
Proceeds benefit Hurricane Katrina Victims.

No comments: