Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Cranberry & pink swap


pink & gold batiks
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Here's the fabrics I bought to try out for the swap. (I think I have too many of the lighter pinks, but I mostly was just buying them because I liked them. And at least one of them is already in the zipper quilt!) The scrap of fabric we were sent for a guide is at the top of the picture. I don't have any green here but I may well use some. I think I have a piece of dark green holly batik someplace, although I haven't been able to find it so far. I just added the dull gold, and also the darkest cranberry piece, both of which I really love, so I'm definitely going to be using those. I just have to find a balance that I like.

I think I have found a block in the 9-patch star book that I like - or rather, I made up my own block. It's units 3, 21, and 37, if you have the book or the CD and care to look. I haven't actually tried them all three together yet, but I'm pretty sure they will work well together.

I have three Carol Doak books, but this is the first one that has come with the patterns on a disk so that you can print them out (and print them in different sizes, if you want to). That's a very nice extra.

No comments: