Monday, May 15, 2006

Batik Sisters


Batik Sisters
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made for my mother & shown at Lakeview Quilters Guild's Mayfest quilt show.

I may have posted a picture of this one before, but if I did it wasn't recently, and I really love it. (I guess I wasn't the only one; one of the people who contributed to it later made her own miniature version of it.) There are also some closeup photos that show Denise's lovely quilting.

Weekend update:
My mother seemed quite pleased with all her gifts. I was tired and didn't get much quilting done, though - I tried to make some more sections for my star blocks, and messed them up, and then decided it was karma since I didn't like the way the colors were looking anyway. I am going to start over with different color placement - and possibly a completely different block - and see how it goes. (Maybe I will post a picture of the 1/4 of a block that I finished, though, and let y'all critique it!)

No comments: