Monday, July 25, 2005

The finishing stage

I am in the home-stretch on the gift quilt and I am so, so tired of it. The binding is finished and the quilting in the empty spaces is done. I still think the edge of the spaces where the quotes/messages of congratulations are needs to be tacked down, though - I have given up on my idea of doing it by hand and have done a few of them by machine, so I need to do the rest of those and there's some echo quilting around the edges of the stars that I started and didn't do everywhere. So I have to do that and then sew the label on and then I'm done.

It's funny because I'm not good in general about finishing things, but I do pretty well on quilts. I get tired of them - just like I am now - but I will usually choose to get them finished and get them out of my hair rather than let them hang around as UFOs. Anyway, in this case there's a definite deadline and I'm oh-so-aware of it - I woke up this morning dreaming about working on it.

No comments: