Saturday, September 04, 2004

Saturday quilt report

Like I said below, I quilt with my mom nearly every Saturday. We have lunch (today it was Mexican) and sometimes shop a little (but not today) and then we go back to her house and work. Today I worked on my leaves, of course. She did a couple of different things. She pinned a scrap quilt that she made last week - my mother is disgustingly productive - and she pulled scraps for her grandmother's flower garden that she's been working on for the last year or so, and she pulled some other stuff together to take to the retreat.

I had 95 of the 3" leaf blocks (here are 83 of them) and I finished 5 that I started last weekend and then made another 12, so that's 112 total, if my math is correct. That means I have 84 to go. I have pretty definitely decided to do 196 now (14x14 blocks) - I'm hoping I can get the bulk of them done at the retreat next weekend.

It turns out, though, that I like doing paper piecing better on my mom's normal-size Janome than on the Gem Gold. The Gem Gold's shortest stitch is not as small as the other machine's, and it makes it harder to get the paper off. But otherwise I like the Gem a lot, really.

No comments: