Sunday, September 26, 2004

Links galore

I went looking for quilting weblogs & journals, to supplement the two I already knew of. I didn't exactly find a million of them, but I did find some. So here's my very imperfect list. Some of these are completely about quilting and some are only occasionally about quilting, so I decided to categorize accordingly.

All (or at least mostly) about quilts:
All Too Quilty
Frequently Wrong But Never In Doubt (a crazy-quilter)
Hip To Piece Squares
In a Minute Ago - Sharon is a fabulous crazy-quilter - I was already knew her work but had no idea she had a weblog!
LiveJournal's Quilting Community - sort of a mass blog
Mayflower Quilt Guild - a quilt guild with a blog!
Quilt Reflections
Quilting and other Stuff

I don't really think of Susan Druding's little piece of about.com as a weblog, but it is set up in weblog format, and it's an excellent quilting resource if you're not familiar with it.

Often about quilts:
Hat On Top, Coat Below (my friend Karen, who recently wrote about getting rejected by the Hoffman Challenge*)
Layers of Meaning - art quilts and other embellish-y stuff
Stitch Witch

Occasionally about quilts:
Arrrgh!
Girlreaction
Ceridwen's Cauldron (bonus: all sorts of interesting stuff about Wicca)
Crafty Blog
Dan's (sometimes) Daily Musings

needlecase.net has a list of weblogs you can sort by field of interest. So does Globe of Blogs.

(I based the categories and my descriptions on recent posts, so if people have gotten off on an unusual tangent lately, that may be why they seem to be in the wrong place. The descriptions, what there are of them, are entirely my own.)

Note: I don't know how to put links on the sidebar or I would. If somebody wants to try to show me how, I'll give it a shot, but keep in mind that I'm severely html-challenged, ok?

*I love Karen's Hoffman Challenge entry. What were those people thinking?

No comments: