Saturday, September 18, 2004

Another Saturday night

I got a whopping 11 blocks done today on the leaf quilt - I'll post the pictures in a few minutes. Actually that's about the same speed I've been going; I've made approximately 168 blocks so I've gotten awfully efficient. I don't think I'm going to get much faster. Less than 30 blocks to go!

I also did some rearranging of all the "rows" outside the 2nd brown one. What I'm calling a row is actually sort of a circle, or a diamond to be more precise. If you look at the pictures you'll see what I mean. I started with yellow in the center, then green (oops, I left that one out at first!), then red, orange, brown, red again & brown again. That gets you out to the edge of the quilt. Up to now I've just been making blocks more or less randomly, as far as the colors. So today I had to figure out what I'm going to put in the corners, and make the rest of the blocks accordingly.

My mom worked on connecting the quilt-as-you-go angel blocks she's been doing. (Actually, they are just a normal block-of-the-month. She just decided to do them quilt-as-you-go.) She has six of them done now, all hand-pieced and hand-quilted. (These are a Sue Garman pattern, which reminds me that I didn't post a picture of the Santa quilt in neutral colors that Sue had at the retreat. I'll have to be sure and do that, because I liked it a lot.)

So the pictures below are several of my mom's quilts. Have I said that my mom is amazingly (and sort of disgustingly) productive?

No comments: