Thursday, September 02, 2004

Hi.

I'm starting this because I was complaining about there not being enough quilting weblogs, and I thought maybe I should put up or shut up. I've had a journal for a year or so, where I talk about quilting quite a bit, but I thought it'd be fun to have a place completely devoted to quilting.

I've been quilting for a little over 5 years, I guess. I started slowly and have gotten more involved in it over time. I still usually only quilt one day a week, though. My mother got me into this and I still do most of my work at her house on Saturdays. It's become our bonding thing. I have been doing a little bit of piecing at home lately because I got a Gem Gold and I've been enjoying playing with it, but I spend a lot of time online (as I'm sure you will be able to tell) and too much quilting would cut into my surfing!

I have a ton of quilt pictures - of my own quilts, my mom's, ones from other people I know, and perfect strangers' quilts from shows - in my Webshots albums. I have the good fortune to live near Houston, where one of the biggest quilt shows in the world is held annually, and I always try to post pictures from there and anyplace else I go where there are quilts. When I figure out how to do it, I will start posting pictures here as well. (I'm sure it's probably not difficult, I just haven't tried yet.)

I'm working on a list of quilt blogs and journals, incidentally, but I'm not ready to post that yet.

2 comments:

HappyFunBall said...

Hi! I quilt, and have been doing so on and off for about 10 years. I have nothing more to say, but wanted to say hello, and let you know that someone else is reading your blog.

Mel said...

Yay! I have a reader!

Thank you for letting me know.