Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Quilters Newsletter (picture #1)


Dad's Lone Star
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Ricky and Richard Tims, Colorado. From IQF 2004.

I always notice when there's a picture in magazines like Quilter's Newsletter of a quilt that I already have a picture of, and in the new issue (April) there are three on the same page. This one is from IQF last year (well, year-before-last, now), and it was made by Ricky Tims and his father. I'm pretty sure his father made the lone star and Ricky made the rest, wouldn't you think? The outer parts look particularly like Ricky's work. (Plus, I've heard Ricky speak in the last couple of years, and I'm pretty sure he talked about his dad deciding to make a lone star.)

(I would also like to point out that the pictures in the magazine are in every case superior to mine, being professional and all. I don't always have the advantage of the good lighting and the best angle, I'm afraid!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i keep going back to look at that pic every time i pick up the magazine. i love the use of hawaiian applique (or i assume it is) to fill in the big squares. because i love those stars but haven't worked on one yet because i generally don't love the big empty squares around them you have to fill with quilting. just not a big fan of the big wide open spaces. :)