Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dispersion (detail)


Dispersion (detail)
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Carol Taylor of New York; 2nd place winner in the category Art-Abstract, Large at the 2005 International Quilt Festival.

I was looking for a picture I hadn't posted before, and I looked at the "recent activity" page on Flickr, which shows what has been favorited and what has been commented on and so forth - it's always very interesting - and it turns about that quite a number of people have made this picture a favorite in the last few weeks. I like it a lot myself. (Note, though, that the detail picture looks a good bit different than the whole quilt.)


I am now about one seam from finishing the zipper quilt top, incidentally. Or it's actually only part of one seam, even, because I stopped in the middle of it the other night - because I was tired and the blocks weren't matching up and I just didn't care very much right then. I decided it was probably a good idea to wait until later, when I knew I would care again!




Later: I'm adding this to the bottom of this entry rather than adding a new one, so as not to distract from the picture, but - look! Kaffe Fassett napkins! (That link may possibly be a little wonky, because that site seems to be flash-heavy, but if that doesn't take you straight to it, click on "Living Wares" and then it will be among the pictures at the bottom. And yup, the place really is named Mxyplyzyk.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've been to mixelplyx (as i call it) when i used to live in new york. i bought the original 'rainbow gloves' there that i wound up losing one of and knit myself replacements last year. i've also bought random house hold knicknack dealybops there as well. :)