Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Quilt of unknown origin


Colorful Cosmos
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Maybe we could call this an UQO - unidentified quilt object. I have no earthly idea where this picture came from. I've been trying to consolidate all my pictures that are scattered out here and yon, and this was just there. It may not even be a picture I took. Anyway, isn't it cute? I like this quilt a lot. (Which is presumably why I saved the picture.)



Later: I got an e-mail telling me where this came from, and I can't believe I completely forgot this so quickly - it was a quilt that was in our quilt guild auction earlier this year. Quilt by Kindred Spirits; donated to Lakeview Quilters Guild 2005 Auction. Photo by Jim Evans. (And I apologize to Jim for posting it without doing more research to see if I could figure out where it came from!)

2 comments:

Jay said...

That is cute... I really like geometric quilts with a bit of applique thrown in. I would have loved to do something like that on my most recent project, but just didn't have the time.

The Calico Cat said...

That was one of my favorites in your flicker set! (And more my style to actually do!)