Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Links and an update

Here's a nice Christmas quilt (and tree!), courtesy of Pooks.

Also, Allison Aller has finished a new piece - see here. It's lovely, as usual. (And how on earth did she attach those rocks?)

I have not managed to do any sewing at all, lately. Maybe next week during my week off I will. And I skipped the quilt guild holiday party last night because I was just too tired to drive up there, so I don't even have that to tell you about.

Actually, though, I do have an amazing quilting success story to report: I haven't bought any fabric at all this month. Can you believe that? I certainly don't need any, but that's never stopped me before. I'm sure it's just a Christmas lull and it won't last long, but for now I'm pleased with myself.

Oh, and my Mom is making good progress. We're supposed to get a verdict later today about Christmas, I believe. She is hoping they will discharge her and we can still go to my aunt's as planned, but we will see.

6 comments:

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Thanks for linking to me. I'll try and get some better pics of the quilt, and some of her others, if you're interested!

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Okay, I added a couple of closeups today, since I'm getting a lot of hits from this link! I'll try to post more quilt entries in the future since she has some gorgeous ones. (I love yours with the gray cat on it, too. That's a fabulous quilt.)

Mel said...

Unfortunately neither the quilt nor the cat is mine. I'd like to have them both!

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

What kind of quilt is that?

Mel said...

Cathedral Windows. (Here's a piece about making them - they're very different from most quilt blocks. In fact, that article points out that technically, a Cathedral Windows quilt is not a quilt at all, since it doesn't have batting, etc. I never thought about that.)

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

I'll have to ask my mom about making me one, especially since cathedrals are one of my passions! Thanks!