Monday, October 17, 2005

Baseball vs. quilts

I was too distracted by baseball to get any actual quilting done to speak of this weekend. I went out and spent another $50, just about, on batiks for that damn strip exchange, and got them washed and cut. The only other thing I did was a block for a gift quilt which I can't talk about yet. I'll take a picture of the blocks (mine and Mom's) before I send them away, though. They are quite cute.

And then I skipped guild tonight to watch the &*!!ing game. Maybe I should have gone, but I figured I wouldn't enjoy it because I'd be thinking about Biggio and Berkman instead of Bettina Havig. (If it had had a better outcome I wouldn't be having second thoughts at all about having stayed home. Heartbreaking, that's the word for that game.)


In other news... yesterday's Astronomy Picture of the Day was a quilt.

No comments: