Saturday, May 05, 2007

Why I will (probably) never go to Paducah

You can't post pictures of the quilts.

I have expressed my views on this subject before so I won't go through all that again. Anyway, the link above is to KarenD's entry about her trip, and here's the pictures she did post. You can see the winners on AQS's own site, and I was especially pleased to see that the Galveston quilt guild's lovely group quilt won a ribbon in the Group Quilts category. (Actually I have to admit that I don't currently belong to this guild; I have belonged in the past and I keep intending to join again but so far I haven't gotten around to doing it! I am a terrible procrastinator.)

I really am most jealous of the fact that Karen got to go to Hancock's of Paducah and root around in the back room for bargains. That is something I might truly do something drastic in order to get to do.

Oh, and perhaps I should point out that you can buy a book of pictures of the AQS quilts.

1 comment:

KarenD said...

The photo policy is a bummer, true. At least I was able to take pictures for my own use of everything but the Alzheimer's quilts, which were segregated pretty well so it wasn't confusing like some shows I've been to where pictures are okay in one end of an aisle but not okay at the other end.

The back room at Hancock's was a real highlight of the trip. You should definitely go if you get a chance. I don't know if it's always open or if it's a show time only thing.