Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Poetry


Poetry on design wall, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


My mom bought several of those packets of pre-cut 5" squares that Moda puts out, and two of them were April Cornell's Poetry line from last year. I didn't quite know what to do with them, so at retreat I started sewing them into half-square triangles. I tried to maximize the contrast, although of course some still have more contrast than others - still, from what I slapped up on the design wall, it seems promising.

I also found the big floral on clearance at Virginia Quilter (in the 54" width, too) and ordered a yard. I figured that's enough to put a nice-sized border on this with room to spare. I think there's 80 of these triangles, and I trimmed them to 4-1/4", so this is not going to be all that big.

No comments: