Saturday, May 26, 2007

Beautiful in its Time


Beautiful in its Time (detail), originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Quilt above made by Ann Horton; from the exhibit "In Full Bloom III" at the 2006 Houston International Quilt Festival.

Here's one I had forgotten about that I really like. There's a picture of the full quilt here. I'm not entirely sure about how this one was made - it looks like it might be a combination of machine embroidery and more traditional methods. What do you think?



Added: I looked at the big picture and now I'm not so sure about the machine embroidery. I think maybe it's more traditional applique and less machine embroidery than I originally thought - although the plant names at the bottom of the blocks may well be machine embroidered. Everything else appears to be appliqued, pretty much.

No comments: