Sunday, April 29, 2007

Retreat time


log cabin blocks, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

This is one thing that I worked on at the quilt retreat this weekend. The centers are a Kona Bay panel, and they are directional, which you may or may not be able to tell since they are sort of turned every which way in this picture. (I was just trying to figure out how well this whole idea was going to work.) I bought the panel on eBay last year, because I thought it would make good centers for the indigo log cabin I have been planning to make since the dawn of time - or at least for several years. As tends to happen when you collect fabrics like this, though, I had way more dark indigoes than I did light ones. I think I have enough, though. Barely.

1 comment:

Granny said...

Looks great! Has an Oriental look. That seems to be so popular now. While at Hancock's of Paducah, I saw everyone snatching up Oriental fabrics. You're in style! :)