Thursday, May 31, 2007

Retro florals


unknown floral, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

This fabric was in my mom's box of florals, and it doesn't look like the stuff she normally buys at all. But I snagged it. I really love it, although I'm never really sure what to do with things like this. I think when I have a sewing room again, I'm going to have to do some experimenting and figure out what to do with things like this and all those big Kaffe Fassett prints I've been buying.

Oh, and for a completely different type of fabric: I won an auction for a set of these taupe fabrics on eBay. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with 50 assorted taupes, either, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

As if I needed the temptation to buy more taupes... I haven't had the nerve to cut into what I already own... (But I am watching that listing... I think that price is reasonable - I have definately spent more...)

Anonymous said...

everyone seems to be making those kaleidoscope stack/whack slice/dice quilts these days. that seems like a big enough print to work for something like that! :)

Mel said...

My husband was rather... astounded, I guess would be the word, by the pile of taupes when they arrived the other day. I was shaking them out one by one and they just went on and on and on!

Carolyn, that might make a really nice stack and whack, at that, but I don't think that piece would be big enough to do anything like that, anyway - and quite honestly, it's one of those things I can't quite see myself doing! I admire other people's, I really like them a lot (did I post a picture of my aunts? It's really beautiful) but it's, I dunno, a little too controlled for me, or something. You have to make things match! - which I'm not terribly good at.