Sunday, April 22, 2007

Combing Through Your Scraps


Mom - watercolor basket, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Quilt above by Billie Standley, begun in a Karen Combs class.

There are a bunch of new pictures of Mom quilts over on Flickr - if you click on the picture above it should get you over there. (It's late and I'm too tired to figure out the link right now.) Mostly they are not actually new pictures, just things that had never gotten added to flickr before. It turned out that there were a lot of those. It makes me sort of sad that my mother made so many quilts that I don't even have pictures of, because she turned things out so fast that even after I got methodical about taking pictures, she would make things and get rid of them before I could even have a chance to take a picture.

(So if anybody happens to have some of my mother's quilts, this is your hint to send me a picture. quiltsgalore(at)gmail(dot)com. I'd be forever grateful.)

No comments: