Monday, February 19, 2007

Mom's shop hop quilt #1


Mom - IQF shop hop quilt, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

I got a lovely e-mail the other day from the person who owns this quilt, talking about how much she loves having it. It was incredibly sweet.

For several years, now, the International Quilt Festival has been doing an internal "shop hop" where you go around and get blocks from various merchants. (I'm pretty sure they're still doing it - seems like I remember seeing it this past year.) It must've been 5 years or so ago that my mom did hers - I think she mostly did it because she liked the fabric, which is from Robyn Pandolph's Folk Art Christmas line. I remember running all over the place with her, to get the blocks and then some templates that were required for it. It was a lot of trouble to get it all, but it is a really pretty quilt.

I said "shop hop quilt #1" because she also did another sampler quilt from a different shop hop, which I'm not sure I even have a good picture of. If not, I'll try to get one soon.

No comments: