Friday, February 09, 2007

Mom's heart


Mom - watercolor heart #1, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Maybe the broken heart I posted a couple of days ago was prophetic - my mother died yesterday. She had had a long battle with brain cancer, though, for those of you who didn't know about that already, and I think she had had enough.

This is a watercolor heart that she made a number of years ago - I believe it was from a kit. (I know it came from Quilts By the Bay and it looks like they still have a couple of watercolor heart kits - although neither of them are the same as that one.) She did another one later; I'll put up a picture of that one too.

I'm going to miss her terribly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about your mother. It sounds like she's now in more peace than she's been in a while, after her braved battle waged. My heart is with you! -- Becky

Judy H. said...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my mother--don't know it's something you can be ready for. I've enjoyed seeing her quilts as you've shared them.

Shelina said...

Oh Mel I am so sorry for your loss.

Katjaquilt said...

Mel, for sure you will miss her and it will hurt a lot and in the beginning you will cry each time you think of her. But as time goes by it will hurt a bit lesser and you can talk and think about the things you did together and having happy memories about her.
My mom passed away when I was 18 and this was 20 years ago. I still think about her every single day but these are good and happy memories.

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry to hear that, dude.

may you find solace in your memories and know she is at peace.