Friday, January 12, 2007

Rented Strings


Rented Strings, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


Quilt above made by Jo Lynn O'Neil. Shown at Lakeview Quilters Guild's Mayfest quilt show.

Be sure to click over to the Flickr page and read the blurb about how this quilt came to be. Man, *I* want a month alone with that tub of batiks!!




Important question
: Do you guys like the new format with the bigger pictures, or is it just overwhelming? I think I like them, but I am open to majority opinion on this. (It doesn't work right on pictures in landscape format, though - at least, I can't figure out a way to resize the column so that it does, so far. I have been manually going in and resizing the pictures when they're landscape.)

4 comments:

Anita said...

One day I am gonna have to use my scraps for something! This quilt is a great idea. Love it.

BTW, I like the bigger pictures.

Mel said...

I have done string quilts before but mine have never come out looking as good as this one. I think the black sashing is a wonderful idea. I'm gonna have to tell Jo Lynn that I'm totally stealing it.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, I check every day!

selko

Anonymous said...

i love the new format! :)