Friday, January 19, 2007

Mom report


Batik scrap quilt, originally uploaded by Mellicious.


My mother made this quilt out of leftover nickel squares. I think she said she got the idea from Simply Quilts. This is one of the last quilts she made, I think. And they put her into a hospice program yesterday, so I don't think she's going to be making any more.

Apparently she's still perfectly calm about it, like she's been all along. I am not perfectly calm, but I'm holding it together so far. It wasn't exactly unexpected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the quilt is beautiful.

she may not be able to quilt in the hospice, but she can still "advise" right? you can bring fabric over and talk about possible patterns and layouts and combinations...

thinking of you, dude...

Samantha said...

Just delurking to send my best wishes to you and your mom :-)

Shelina said...

This quilt is so nice - very colorful and creative.
I am sending best wishes to both of you as well.