Monday, June 26, 2006

Exchange update


three & one-third pink stars, plus a boat
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.

So here's the progress on the pink-&-cranberry exchange. It's going slow, but it is making progress. I did get a little more done after this picture was taken - the third block was still in pieces here, for one thing. I also replaced the center, because I didn't think the lighter one looked as good.

I partly changed blocks from the original one I was going to make because I thought this one would be easier, and it is, but it's still not quite as easy as I thought. Sewing the subunits together usually takes a while because the "side" star units - the ones with the gold - tend not to come out just right. The points tend to want to come out with no seam allowance and that's not going to work!

The blue sailboat is my mother's Friendship Bee exchange block. The part you see is solids, and then it's doing to have an indigo blue batik printed with koi underneath the boat. (That's what serves as the water, I guess!)

No comments: