Sunday, June 04, 2006

Exchange block v.2


pink star from Carol Doak book
Originally uploaded by Mellicious.



Here is my most recent try at the exchange block. I don't know if I said before that I found out a couple of weeks ago that we could use gold ("dull gold" - to be specific) as well as pink, cranberry and green. And that seems to have helped. This is still a very very pink block, but I like it. I'm still tinkering with fabrics, though - for one thing, I don't think I have enough to do 12 blocks exactly like this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful block - I love the pink with the gold.

LNLisa said...

I love that! I love how you worked with all the different variations of pink. I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Mel said...

Thanks! I am now on the fourth block and they are all a little different. I will have to remember to get pictures.

(I also have to go buy more fabric, the "background" pink seems to go really fast, for whatever reason. I've already gone through half-yards of two different fabrics.)