Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A couple of books

This is the book I bought at the auction (for $3, mind you):



And it's in perfect condition, too. Apparently it's out of print - which doesn't really surprise me because it's five years old. (Quilt books seem not to stay in print too terribly long, except for the few top-sellers, have y'all noticed that?) Anyway, it's full of paper-pieced building patterns - houses and skyscrapers and a lighthouse and all kinds of things. I didn't really have any intention of making a house quilt (or if I did I didn't know it!) but I like the book. Maybe I'll make a city-skyline quilt, or a townhouse quilt. Something like that.


Also, I have been following links between quilt weblogs today, and I found another quilt-along, in case anybody's interested. It's using this book:



Hip to Piece Squares is running this one. I don't think I'll be joining, since I've already got the book for the other one, but this book interests me just the same.


Cute quilt I stumbled across: Oscar's Baby Clothes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on that Hometown Quilts book. I've had the idea for a skyscraper quilt in my head for a long time. (Got it in Houston, actually!)

I didn't like the Denyse Schmidt book as well as the Modern Quilt Workshop; the quilts didn't speak to me as much. It also seemed like it was aimed at a younger audience--at least judging by the tiny font used in some places!

Mel said...

If you're nice to me I might loan it to you! I'm sure I won't get around to doing mine any time soon.

(Disclaimer: I have no idea what I mean by "nice to me," it just sounded funnier that way.)