Thursday, December 06, 2007

WoW


WoW, originally uploaded by blp1979.

A friend of mine asked (jokingly) if I'd ever considered making a GuildWars quilt. Actually - and a bit surprisingly, really - it had never occurred to me. Then I started wondering if anybody else had. And I'm still wondering - but I did find this World of Warcraft quilt!

I also tried searching "wow quilt" but that got me lots of things that didn't have to do with the game. This is not what I was looking for, but wow, yes!

I found a few other things involving games:
Hex quilt (some sort of table game, I think?)
Q-bert!
a Mario Brother
and another one

And also these:
Scrabble
I think Megaman is a TV show or something, not a game, isn't he?
sort of generally game-like, at least (but cool, whatever it is)
hey, baseball!

There were a couple of chess and checkers quilts, too, but that wasn't the kind of game I had in mind, so I skipped them. You'll have to do your own flickr search if you want to see them!

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Oooh! Oooh! I made a Scrabble board, too! It's shown, albeit not too well, about halfway down this post.

I've made a number of checker and chess boards too, but that's shooting fish in a barrel....

Anonymous said...

This was the 2nd quilt shown at the show & tell -- there was an audible *gasp* that ran though the audience when she unfolded it.