Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Louisiana Street


Louisiana Street, originally uploaded by Mellicious.

Made by Thelma McGough; from the exhibit "Tactile Architecture" at the 2006 Houston International Quilt Festival.

(Note that this is not a street in Louisiana, as one tends to assume from the name, but rather Louisiana Street in downtown Houston.)

Posting the picture of the Eckmeier quilt a couple of entries back made me think about how much I always enjoy the Tactile Architecture exhibit at quilt festival, so here are some more pieces from it.

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Hmmm... is that all made with regular fabric, or is some of it photoimages?

Mel said...

Hmm. I think at least part of it is photoimages. It's hard to tell, and I can't really say I remember.

Michael5000 said...

The reflected building on the left must be from a photo, I think. Impressive if it's from straight fabric, though.

(Oh-oh, is my anti-photo bias showing?) : )